Steven Nzonzi moves to Roma


French midfielder Steven Nzonzi has completed his move from Sevilla to AS Roma on Tuesday. The deal is around €32 million, which was the release clause on his contract at Seville and had two years remaining. Speaking on Roma TV, the 29-year-old stated "I'm very happy to be here and to be a Roma player. I really felt the club wanted me to come. This is why I am here, and I'm happy to join such a big club.

The move also reunites Nzonzi with Roma's Sporting Director Monchi, who brought in the former Blackurn player from Stoke City to Sevilla in 2015. Nzonzi added "Yes, Monchi signed me from Sevilla. He helped a lot when I was there. We always had a lot of respect for each other and he helped me a lot at Sevilla, so I'm very happy to be here and work with him again."

Nzonzi was previously linked to Arsenal and is the 12th signing Roma has made this transfer window bringing in Justin Kluivert, Ante Coric, Davide Santon, Javier Pastore and Robin Olsen. Roma have also lose Alisson to Liverpool and Radja Nainggolan to Inter Milan.

Nzonzi made 136 appearances for Sevilla winning the Europa League in 2015. He played 5 times for France during the World Cup including the Final coming on for N'golo Kanye as France won the Final 4-2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UEFA Euro 2024: Group A Preview

UEFA Euro 2024: Group F Preview

UEFA Euro 2024: Group B Preview