Čech retiring at end of season


Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Čech has announced that he will be hanging his boots and gloves at the end of the season. Čech, 36, made the announcement from his twitter handle saying, "This is my 20th season as a professional player and it has been 20 years since I signed my first professional contract, so it feels like the right time to announce that I will retire at the end of this season."

He goes further stating, "Having played 15 years in the Premier League, and won every single trophy possible, I feel like I have achieved everything I have set out to achieve. I will continue to work hard at Arsenal to hopefully win one more trophy this season, then I am looking forward to seeing what life holds for me off the pitch."

Čech has been a mainstay in the Premier League since signing for Chelsea in 2004 from Rennes. He stayed at the Blues for 11 years winning 4 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cups, 3 EFL Cups, the Europa League and the Champions League. He signed for Arsenal in 2015 making 129 appearances winning the FA Cup in 2017. He has kept the most clean sheets in Premier League history with 202 (162 for Chelsea, 40 for Arsenal) and kept the most clean sheets in a Premier League season with 24 in the 2004/05 season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UEFA Euro 2024: Group A Preview

UEFA Euro 2024: Group F Preview

UEFA Euro 2024: Group B Preview