Victor Moses quits the Super Eagles


Victor Moses Quits on the Super Eagles
Chelsea winger Victor Moses has announced that he will no longer by part of the Nigerian setup. The news was released on Wednesday evening coming as a shock to many Nigerian football fans, as Moses made his debut for the Super Eagles in 2012, winning 37 caps and is only 27.

He made the announcement through his Twitter handle stating how privileged he is to have worn the jersey and the good memories he has had with the national team but deciding to focus on his club career and making way for young talent. “I would like to announce that after much thought I have made the decision to retire from playing international football. I have experienced some of the best moments of my life wearing the Super Eagles shirt and have memories with me that will last a lifetime,” he said.

“However, I feel that now is the right time to stay away in order to be able to focus fully on my club career and my young family, as well as to allow the next generation of Super Eagles stars the opportunity to step up and flourish. We are blessed as a nation to have so many exciting young players coming through and now is their time. There are so many highlights that standout for me over the years, from making my debut, to playing two World Cups and been part of the team that won the African Cup of Nations for the first time for our nation since 1994, being just a few of them.”

Moses switched international allegiance to Nigeria after representing England at U-16, U-17, U-19 and U-21 level. He won 37 caps for the Super Eagles scoring 12 goals and was part of the squad that won the African Cup of Nations in 2013. This is a big blow for Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr as Nigeria prepares for a Nations Cup qualifier against Seychelles next months to keep their qualification hopes alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UEFA Euro 2024: Group A Preview

UEFA Euro 2024: Group F Preview

UEFA Euro 2024: Group B Preview